By Terry Heck
Do you have experiences or ideas you would like to share with your colleagues? Teachers with specific experience or skills can now submit articles for publication on TeachThought.com.
This is the position of a non-exclusive agreement. You will be charged a fee for each approved article, but this is by no means ‘profitable’. The goal of the ideal candidate will be to contribute their voices in conversations around the growth of innovative educators, as well as expand their skills, expand their professional learning network, contribute to their own portfolio and strengthen their resume in the process.
Contractor location details
Create original content (primarily articles, essays, research summaries, quick videos, webinars, etc.) for publication on TeachThought.com and our social channels, newsletters, podcasts and related platforms.
What will you get?
1. Ability to grow as an educator by exploring new topics, projects and ideas.
2. A stipend for all published material (quantity depends on the material, starting from $ 50).
3. After you publish eight (8) articles, complete with a dedicated author’s page, relevant social media information, etc. on TeachThought.com. This page will remain in place until you stop creating at least one article every eight (8) weeks. .
Which you do not need
1. A PhD, fancy title, or niche certificate. All of this would be great and useful, but not absolutely necessary.
2. Think of yourself as a ‘writer’. You just have to be more discriminating with the help you render toward other people. That’s it. These are not books, but quick snippets of things that are useful to 21st century teachers
3. Lots of extra time. 2-4 hours a month should be plenty to do at least one article. If you want to do more, you can, but you don’t have to.
What do you need
1. Some kind of learning background + ‘Something to say’ (see # 2 above)
2. An incentive to learn and a growth mentality for what you do
3. Be almost completely self-managed. We will provide topics and ideas and formats and other necessary information, but the rest will be in your hands. It is a contract rather than an ‘assigned position’.
4. The ability for progressive educators to create progressive content that is compelling, useful, and plagiarism, errors, and other things that create content – good, bad.
We will provide feedback, and corrections may be required.
There is no guarantee that the articles will be published. Only authorized content will be published, and authors will obviously be paid their stipend for published content only.
All material will be properly TeachThought-owned intellectual property, but may be used elsewhere on a case-by-case basis with our approval. (There is no guarantee – it just depends.)
The ability to do formal research, light graphic design, video editing, social media work and other skills will broaden your available work if you are interested but not required.
No promotion of standalone platforms, apps, tools, organizations, etc. is appropriate unless it is ‘teacher-centric’ and fully organic / unprompted.
How to apply
Email Terry Heck with the following information:
Your name and contact information
A sample of writing (ideal about educational content)
Current location held elsewhere (if any)
Topics you are interested in: Critical Thinking, Search, PBL, Google Classroom, Technology, Evaluation, etc.
Something else I need to know
I will review your submission, and will contact you if I need more information.
TeachThought accepts applications for contributing authors