What is interactive learning in an LMS?
Online learning needs time today because most companies have become completely remote, and training their employees, members and vendors is difficult without a Learning Management System (LMS). When it comes to learning online using a learning management system, how can we forget about the most popular feature, interactive learning? This is an incredible feature that popular learning management software applications incorporate into their content delivery methods.
Students have very little time to memorize the entire course. How can you keep them involved throughout the learning journey? Here, we will discuss what you should do to get the value of interactive learning in your LMS.
Being visually stimulating, interactive learning methods keep students engaged and interested in any course throughout the learning process. Activities such as feedback and discussion and the learning process AI technology dramatically improves work efficiency and productivity for students in the workplace. Students are emotionally involved when asked for their input to advance the course in the form of a video showing the content of the curriculum and questions, quizzes, feedback, etc.
Interactive learning within a learning management system
Interactive learning is nothing more than the inclusion of interactive resources that aim to deliver specialized learning outcomes. The learning material may include text, audio, images, and videos, including animation, screencast, and self-examination. They can work both online and offline. These learning elements can be offered as a default element of a core activity (compulsory to proceed) or as an optional (teachers can avoid this).
How interactive learning facilitates learning in an LMS
Your LMS can help students in a variety of ways. Here is a list of some of the ways to make the learning experience interesting, engaging and enriching Interactive learning:
- Offers firm, flexible, and cost-effective training.
- Ensures correction and integration within a course.
- Enables students to learn on any desired device in their convenient and truly mobile learning environment.
- Prepares students for their real-time project and next course.
- Facilitates distance learning.
- Provides practical information, reduces communication time and frees up time for important matters.
- Ensures that students have a basic knowledge of a specific subject.
- Effectively resolves schedule conflicts and includes course content that is not included in the course schedule.
- Enables students to practice the skills they have developed during training through self-examination questions and feedback, as well as diagnostic skills (for medical professionals by watching videos explaining patients’ symptoms).
What should you keep in mind when developing an interactive course?
With an online learning platform, one must take care of the following topics so that the best solutions in the industry are delivered to the students. Interactive learning requires fine planning based on learning outcomes. The course should be designed in such a way that students do not get bored or lose interest in the course. Here’s what to do in advance.
- Follow the best practices for creating interactive learning courses.
- Finalize the most appropriate content authoring tool that meets the AICC / xAPI / SCORM standards.
- Plan an effective learning content design.
- Decide on course delivery method.
Plan the course
Before you embark on your journey of creating interactive content, don’t forget these course planning exercises. They will determine the effectiveness of your course and give you the best results.
- Set learning objectives for your course.
- Set target audience.
- Define the activity you want to include.
- Outline the structure of the asset.
- Use concise instructions and appropriate language and terminology when designing activities.
- Explain the timing and proper use of resources.
Before you create an interactive learning course on your own, search the market for easily available options, as sometimes taking so much time and effort to create an interactive course can distract you from the actual learning goal. You can use that time to innovate in more important practices within LMS and improve learning delivery. There are many learning management systems that offer content authoring tools, including the ability to create interactive courses. If you want to find such an LMS, go and explore the best one to meet the needs of your business!